Cyberattack Prevention and Data Privacy Compliance for Small Businesses
Having a business lawyer, like Spitz Legal Counsel, with an understanding of cybersecurity and data privacy on your side is your first step in creating effective cybersecurity practices and a cybersecurity plan. Spitz Legal Counsel has years of practical experience working with businesses of all sizes. Our business law firm is a resource for your team and can determine what will help you lessen the chances of a cyberattack and lower your business’ legal exposure if one does occur.
Mark Spitz of Spitz Legal Counsel provides the following proactive services to prevent cyberattacks and protect your business from a data breach:
- Risk Assessment: Determine the type data you have and what the risks are of losing that data.
- Legal Assessment: Determine what laws and regulations apply to your business.
- Legal Advice: Provide advice on the government and industry best practices to improve compliance and reduce the potential liability of your business.
- Technical Strategy: Work with your technical experts to prepare and implement an appropriate cybersecurity plan for your small business.
- Employee Training: Provide workshops and educational seminars to reach all employees in your company to ensure compliance with your cybersecurity readiness plan.
- Incident Response Plan. Create an incident response plan so you are ready in the event of a cyberattack.
- Review of Third-Party Vendor Contracts. Review of contracts with third party vendors, including contractors and vendors who may store your data, or for whom you are storing their data.
Proactive Protection for Your Small to Mid-Sized Business
Even with a cybersecurity plan in place, no small or mid-sized business can make itself 100% secure against a data breach. However, companies can take reasonable, cost-effective steps to improve their cybersecurity and lessen the chances of an attack. Mark Spitz of Spitz Legal Counsel can help you do this.
In the event of a hack, Spitz Legal Counsel is on hand to provide immediate containment of the issue. We work with our clients to execute on an incident response plan and guide them through responding to the data breach incident.
As experienced business counsel, we advise our clients on how to carefully notify their customers and vendors so further damage and risk to the business is minimized.
Contact us today for a free initial consultation. Email us at email@example.com or call us at 720.575.0440.